[RFC] make -n0 the default for log -or- make annotate and similar commands calculate merged revs

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Wed Jun 10 10:15:18 BST 2009

>>>>> "robert" == Robert Collins <robert.collins at canonical.com> writes:

    robert> When we annotate a file, we show a dotted revno on most-or-many lines.
    robert> However,
    robert> bzr log | less
    robert> /<revno>

    robert> Won't find that revision.

    robert> I think this is a bug. Either annotate should do more
    robert> work, so that what it shows is findable, or log show
    robert> be showing it.

    robert> My preference is to make -n0 the default - after some
    robert> time with it as non-default, I find I am typing -n0
    robert> on 3/4 times that I run log (and the times I don't
    robert> type it I usually have to run log again).

+1 and "That's all I have to say about that".

But, certainly changing annotate is compelling, I'd would really
love to see mainline revnos in the annotations (even if that's
not strictly correct) so that I know *where* I should start
digging[1].

     Vincent

[1]: The annotate/log -n0/search backwards dance is really
annoying sometimes.