Q: howto change the root of the versioned filestructure?

Erik erik at softwaresociety.nl
Wed Jun 10 08:37:01 BST 2009

Hi All,

I'm a developer at a small company using Bazaar as our versioning system for
about a year. We do web-development on Windows, and except for one bug that we
keep running into (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/218206), we're quite happy
with it.

We are running into a problem now however, for which I can't find a solution in
the manual. The way we work currently is to version each webapp's directory from
the root of the site. So the .bzr folder is in the root of the site. On our
development servers, this is not a problem, but we don't want this on live
ofcourse, this would expose the .bzr folder on the site.
Besides that, I'd like to add the SQL updates we have, also to be versioned. And
I don't want to put those in a directory under the site root.

Currently, this is the situation, with "\wwwroot\site1\" versioned:
\wwwroot\site1\[webpages]

What I'd like is below, with "\wwwroot\site1\" versioned:
\wwwroot\site1\siteroot\[webpages]
\wwwroot\site1\SQLupdates\[SQL updates]

Now my question is, how can I "move" the versioning one directory up, keeping
the version history of the underlying webpages intact?
I looked into "rebase", but I think that's not exactly what I'm looking for. Any
help would be appreciated,

Thanks, take care,

Erik

ps: last time I posted on this list I had trouble reply'ing again to the
reactions I got, I hope it goed better this time =)