Loggerhead authorization file proposal

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:16:21 BST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Mario <mario.danic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jelmer and I have been thinking of adding authorization support to
> Loggerhead, along
> with smart server support. The goal of the authorization-configuration
> files is to be simple,
> therefore I propose the following:
>
> loggerhead-password (htpasswd type):
>
> username:password
>
> loggerhead-auth:
>
> [/path/to/bzr.dev]
> rw = mario, jelmer, szilveszter, poolie
> r = *
>
> [relative/path/to/libburnia.dev]
> rw = pygi
> r =

I have a branch in review that allows you to block out certain
branches from being served by using locations.conf:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~beuno/loggerhead/serve-config/+merge/6821

I think that's a good place to put this information, and maybe extract
the user/pass information to an external file, as you mentioned.
I see Jelmer submitted a branch for LH to use the smart server
(although the branch is currently broken), it seems with both these
branches landed, you should be able to do this pretty easily.

Anyway, I'm all for it!   :)

--
Martin