Fix committer name ?

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Tue May 26 17:17:17 BST 2009

On 26-May-2009, at 12:08 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Git has a (obscurely documented) "grafts" file, which contains pairs
> of commits which git should consider to be equivalent for the purpose
> of tracing parentage.  I'm not sure what it's used for in git, but
> maybe something like that would be feasible in Bazaar for this
> purpose.

Ah, so that's how the grafting is done.  I've seen references to
grafting being used to migrate projects.  The Perl project used their
migration from Perforce to git to also recreate and incorporate the
earlier project history that predated the creation of the Perforce
repository (kept in the form of tarballs and patches).  To minimize
the impact, they first ported over the immediate Perforce repository
so that active work could continue, and then spent time recreating the
earlier parts of the history and grafting it once complete.

Brian.

--
"Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli