Patching from backups

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Thu May 14 08:52:53 BST 2009

Robert,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly, it is much appreciated.
Situation such as this are high stress and any and all forms of stress
lowering are good.  Getting email help like this is a huge stress
reducer :-)

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 17:31 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 08:18 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
>
> > 1.  2 inconsistent parents is very worrying, parents really need to be
> > consistent.  Any idea how I get the parents in line?
>
> bzr reconcile.

Excellent, thanks.  The parents are now reconciled and no longer
inconsistent.  The children are now happy.  Bazaar as marriage
counsellor ;-)

> > 2.  I suspect this means I have files in the repository that should not
> > be there, does pack get rid of them or is there no garbage collection
> > from this sort of disaster?
>
> If you do 'bzr pack' bzr will setup the repo to have one pack and
> matching named rix/iix/tix/cix/six files. Then you can look in packs and
> see any excess ones - they will all be smaller/dated differently. You
> could also get the pack name by doing bzr
> dump-btree .bzr/repository/pack-names.

"bzr pack" seems to be a no-op, i.e. there is no message from the
command and the state doesn't change after execution.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP          t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,     f: +44 8700 516 084    voip:  sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK.    m: +44 7770 465 077    xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk