Upgrading loggerhead to 1.9-rich-root

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:35:26 BST 2009

So, to help out with dogfooding of the new format, I'd like to upgrade
Loggerhead trunk to from 1.9 to 1.9-rich-root. My plan is to do it on
Wed 13th May around midnight UTC, unless somebody has a good reason
not to.

This does mean that all current stacked branches will break if you
don't upgrade them to rich-roots (they will be "broken" once you do
upgrade, but will resume to work once we upgrade trunk), so if you
have any branches you'd like to continue working.

You will have to upgrade your local copies as well. To do so, use:
bzr upgrade --1.9-rich-root PATH_TO_BRANCH

After the new format (code-name dev6 or brisbane-core) becomes default
in 2.0, the whole rich-root/non-rich-root madness will end, and new
era of compatibility will take over the world.

--
Martin