No final name for trans_id 'new-1' while trying to merge,,, Help

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Sat May 9 20:52:35 BST 2009

2009/5/8 Frits Jalvingh <jal at etc.to>:
> Hello List,
>
> I got this error while trying to merge a branch. It contains quite an
> important piece of code and should be mergable again later, so I really,
> really would like a workaround for this problem...

I'd suggest that you immediately make a backup of the current branch
and repository if applicable,
that way if you mess it up further its easy to get back here.
(I normally zip it up)

> Can anyone tell me what this error means? Is there a workaround I can use?
The error message does not tell me much :(
would you be able to send in the relevant section of your ~/.bzr.log
hopefully that would shed more light.

regards
marius