RFC: check UI

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Wed May 6 23:56:11 BST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Robert Collins <
robert.collins at canonical.com> wrote:

> So 'bzr check' currently takes parameters allowing control of checking
> repo/branch/tree. Are there actual use cases for this?
>

> I'd like to have check just check whatever is present [and do it quickly
> yada yada yada].
>
> -Rob

As a user of bzr in production environments, I will tell you that taking
shortcuts in integrity tests of any kind is almost never a good choice.  If
checking my repo/branch/tree (s) takes hours, it's worth the peace of mind
that comes from a cron job.

It's fine if there are options to selectively disable tests, but the default
should be to check everything that is checkable.  This protects the naive
and empowers the experts.

-M