[rfc] time to switch to Launchpad reviews

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue May 5 08:37:19 BST 2009

2009/4/30 Robert Collins <robert.collins at canonical.com>:
> I think the thing I'd miss most about bundle buggy is having one list
> for discussion about code and review of code.
>
> Anyway, to get ready to switch, perhaps one of the LP review developers
> (Aaron perhaps) could edit our HACKING documentation to describe where
> people should send bundles, what commands they should use instead of bzr
> send, where the equivalent lists of things are and so on.
>
> I use lp reviews in other projects and find them tolerable but much more
> clunky than BB is, which is why I'm asking for this support.

OK, I've done that here:
<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~mbp/bzr/doc/+merge/6199> (and also
attached.)

I've tried to give an overview of how they should be used with Bazaar,
and it makes clear that you can still use BB.

This file is not the right place for detailed documentation on how to
use Launchpad Reviews (as opposed to "how to use them _for Bazaar_")
because the UI is likely to change and this will go out of date, and
that documentation is better put where other people can find it.  That
said, if there are things that are confusing it may be good to clarify
them here, point to other documentation, or fix those documents.  (I
filed https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/372057
already that the merge at code address isn't documented.)

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>