bzrtools upgraded to 1.9-rich-root

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Wed Apr 29 00:00:31 BST 2009

Bad references after upgrade:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/368921

> In order to push in the new format, I used hitchhiker to delete the .bzr
> directory.  When I pushed, it attempted to stack on itself, and ended up
> dying because of infinite recursion.  This is a bzr bug.

Did bzr on the client crash, or on the server?

Probably we want to tell people to 'check&upgrade' remotely rather than
delete and repush; because the former preserves all revisions and the
latter may not. In the absence of stacking this wouldn't matter, but
with stacking it does. bug filed about the stacking recursion:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/368913

> I unlinked it from the trunk series, re-pushed, and re-linked it with trunk.
>
> Because I haven't added any new revisions, Launchpad hasn't re-mirrored
> it yet.  This is a Launchpad bug.  For read-only users, bzrtools looks
> like it's in the old format, but I'll commit a NEWS update so that
> Launchpad mirrors it.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-bazaar/+bug/368920

Thanks for doing this Aaron. Now we get to see what other fallout occurs
over the next few days, and I'll generate some updated docs, and fixes
to the bzr bugs we've got so far.

-Rob