[rfc] time to switch to Launchpad reviews

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Sun Apr 26 10:08:25 BST 2009

2009/4/25 Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org>:

> I especially like the various tabs with relevant merge requests to me that BB offers. As far as I can tell at least there's nothing like this in Launchpad. The colors with the merge request statusses is also a lot clearer.

I'm sure the Launchpad interface can be improved, but it does at the
moment give a similar workflow-oriented view to Bundle Buggy
(unsurprisingly).  In
<https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+activereviews> they're separated
out by state, and I think actually the labels are more understandable
than the one-word tabs in BB.  It may be that you'd like a completely
separate page for each state but that should be possible.  I might
like a summary of who already voted on those reviews.

> Perhaps more importantly, there's the issue of starting to depend on more
> non-Free Software for Bazaar. I could improve BundleBuggy (and have in
> fact, although the actual amount of contributions I've made is limited),
> I can't do anything about Launchpad.

Launchpad code reviews will be released under a free licence in under
two months.  (They're going through a pre-release process at the
moment similar to what's happened with other big releases like
Mozilla.)

So I think we will want to keep using BB through that time, but after
that it will be possible for people to improve Launchpad reviews if
they want to.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>