Better name for dpush wanted

John Carr john.carr at unrouted.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 12:27:17 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:40 AM, James Westby
<jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 10:58 +1000, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
>> FWIW, the best suggestion I'd seen/heard so far is
>> calling it "push-out".
>
> Something like 'push-and-mangle' would emphasise that it is an
> operation that is going to do odd things.
>
> 'push-without-metadata' or similar is explicit. It's a hidden
> command so we don't have to worry too much about people seeing
> it, and we have an alias system, so anyone can always alias it
> to dpush if they use it often.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

I like this, only perhaps 'bzr push --without-metadata'?

Would be a nice config option (per branch). Perhaps --without-metadata
is remembered for the branch you are in, so subsequent calls don't
need it. And then have --without-metadata to lose the sticky bit.