Bazaar Workflow

Philippe Lhoste PhiLho at GMX.net
Sun Apr 5 15:03:42 BST 2009

Additional remarks:
- I use currently Bazaar mostly for small personal projects. At work, we
have a rather large code base, managed with Perforce, which is a fine
SCM (central workflow). That's why I wondered how usable is the "clone
project for each small change/bug fix" method for such large code base,
not to mention issues with IDEs (not easy to change paths on run
configs, etc.).
- Perforce allows to group changes (modified files) in changelists: so I
can have some files opened for a feature implementation, and a couple of
other changelists for various in progress bug fixes.
- Bazaar doesn't have this (you don't have to check out a file before
editing it, which is nice) but allows to select files to commit. A bit
heavy handed on the command line (I would appreciate to have a file
(listing files to commit) per task, and specify it at commit time), but
I recall having seen a plugin using the commit file (opened if not
giving a -m option) where you can select the files to commit.

Moreover, I am confused by the other answers telling you can't "merge
with uncommitted changes in your local working copy.", I wonder what I
did in my previous experiment. I should make more thorough tests (with
conflicting edits?).

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France