svn http/https transport

Ricardo Kirkner ricardokirkner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 02:32:22 BST 2009

> Well, that's what I mean - bzr should allow fallback credential stores
> to be registered and bzr-svn could register one that looks at ~/.subversion.

It might be enough with just fallbacking the credentials stuff, yes.

> If Bazaar allowed multiple transports then the first transport (the
> "native Bazaar" transport) would still prompt the user for credentials,
> so I don't see how this would help the problem. If the http transport
> used a common mechanism for retrieving credentials (which could include
> checking ~/.subevrsion) then you wouldn't be prompted at all.

Well, what I was thinking (from my experiments), is that the bzr default
mechanism gets loaded last. In our example, if the svn plugin defines a
new mechanism, and since the plugins get loaded 'after' the core of bzr,
and since when registering a new transport it gets stored as the 'first'
option, this effectively makes it the default option, and so, the svn
transport gets tried first, and eventually falls back to the bzr mechanism.

This could however have some issues with other plugins that try to
register for the same protocol, so I guess your idea about only
fallbacking the credentials stuff is the way to go.