New 1.14 RC date?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 1 13:13:33 BST 2009

I'd like to hold off doing the 1.14rc release this Friday and
target Wed/Thu next week say, instead. The chk stuff looks
like it's coming along nicely but I can't see us merging it
all into bzr.dev this week in a safe, fully reviewed way.

As next Friday is the start of the Easter long weekend, having
as much done as we can by Wednesday seems a good goal because
it would allow Bob a day to chase down any issues. Alternatively,
we could delay the RC a few more days - till Tues Apr 14.

FWIW, I really like sticking tightly to monthly releases.
In this case though, I think our community may be better served
by waiting till we're merged brisbane-core so we get broader
testing of that code sooner. Releasing the RC next week also
give *me* more time to iron out any EOL issues that arise.

Thoughts?

Ian C.