[MERGE] Add BranchBzrDirInter.push()

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Wed Apr 1 06:26:25 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 01:56 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> The BranchBzrDirInter object controls push and branch operations from
> source branch to a target bzrdir that may or not may contain a branch
> yet.

This may not be needed anymore - bzrlib internals are moving more and
more to having a single call to do initial push *anyway* simply to make
the bzr:// performance better. Our code would be simpler without it
(though if its needed, its needed).

At this point regarding the patch - the inter object should not be in
_push.py, and we need unit tests on the behaviour of the object.

But like a say, It looks to me like its _very_ close to not being needed
and instead a simple method on BzrDir will do what you need.

bb:resubmit

-Rob