[MERGE] Make function for escaping invalid XML characters public.

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Mar 31 21:41:15 BST 2009

This makes the code that can escape unicode characters that are not valid
XML data public.

It is broken to have to escape these characters outside of the serializer
itself (it exposes internal semantics of the serializer) and it is also
broken that we only escape characters but never unescape them. However,
we can't change the way existing formats are handled in released versions of
Bazaar so we'll need this function at least as long as the current serializers
will be around.

I'm making this function public since bzr-svn, bzr-hg and bzr-git currently
include their own copy of it, and it would be nice to be able to import
it from Bazaar.

Cheers,

Jelmer