Q: help for bzr on windows?

Maritza Mendez martitzam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 22:55:56 GMT 2009

I have used bzr on linux and would like to start using on windows also.  I
have some problems.  If this is not the best place to ask please tell me.

My biggest problem is my coworkers need graphical version trees.  The
graph-ancestry command from the bzr-tools is not working for me.  I have
graphviz (latest for Windows) installed and I always get something like
this:

C:\>bzr graph-ancestry cosa.html
bzr: ERROR: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is
being used by another process:
'c:\\docume~1\\martitza\\locals~1\\temp\\tmpzbup3y\\temp.dot'

The other problem is my coworkers are going to need a graphical interface.
Earlier versions (six months ago?) of tortoisebzr more or less worked for me
but I did not try very hard.  Now I have installed the latest 1.13-1 bzr
installer for windows, the overlays don't even show.  I rebooted twice.
Also windows explorer is *very* slow now.  So I believe the shell
integration is working, but the overlays are not showing.  We might be able
to tolerate the slow speed if the overlays worked.  Or maybe its slow
because the overlays are not working.  The tortoise overlays are installed
according to the windows add+remove programs.

I really want to use bzr and solutions to these questions will make it
easier to help my coworkers.

Gracias!