make check-dist-tarball, what does success look like?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Mon Mar 23 07:18:50 GMT 2009

    Bob> On Mar 21, 2009, at 6:08 AM, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
    >>
    Bob> [ascii]
    Bob> [ascii]

    Bob> [ascii] Ran 16581 tests in 3648.647s
    >>
    >> Eerk, one full hour !

    Bob> There's 1 test the looks to kick of vim and "hangs" there until I
    Bob> :q  the file. The "long time" is because it sat at that screen.

Ha, good for you then :)

    Bob> Is there something I need to do to get a full automated
    Bob> run of the test suite?

    Bob> Is :q the right thing to do on that test?

No. That's a bug, but probably a test bug rather than a bzr
bug. It sounds like a very very old bzr-gtk version but I'd be
surprised if you still have one that old, can you identify the
test more precisely ?

Nevermind, you just filed a bug about it :-)

    Bob> [ascii] 1735 tests skipped
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature 'Internally performed glob expansion'
    Bob> skipped  5 tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature '_UTF8Filesystem' skipped 4 tests.
    >>
    >> Surprising. OS ? Version ?

    Bob> Linux, Ubuntu/Hardy

Bah, forget me, [ascii] is the key here, we force LC_CTYPE=
LANG=C LC_ALL= , so of course these tests are skipped.

       Vincent