make check-dist-tarball, what does success look like?

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Sat Mar 21 11:08:17 GMT 2009

    Bob> What does a successful run of 'make check-dist-tarball' look
    Bob> like? I  know there are known_failures, missing features, etc,
    Bob> but as a new  release manager I do not know if this is success:

    Bob> [ascii] tests passed
    Bob> [ascii]  bzrlib .tests .blackbox
    Bob> .test_branch.TestBranchStacked.test_branch_stacked_from_smart_server
    Bob> is leaking threads among 1848 leaking tests

Painful to read but a known issue, irrelevant here.

    Bob> [ascii]
    Bob> [ascii]
    Bob> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bob> [ascii] Ran 16581 tests in 3648.647s

Eerk, one full hour !

    Bob> [ascii]
    Bob> [ascii] OK (known_failures=14)

Relevant.

    Bob> [ascii] 1735 tests skipped
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature 'Internally performed glob expansion'
    Bob> skipped  5 tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature '_UTF8Filesystem' skipped 4 tests.

Surprising. OS ? Version ?

  python
  import bzrlib.osutils
  bzrlib.osutils._fs_enc

?

bzrlib.tests._UTF8Filesystem._probe is the place where this is
decided. But that skips only 4 tests so it's most probably ok.

    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature '_UnicodeFilename' skipped 1 tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature '_UnicodeFilenameFeature' skipped 34 tests.

    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature '_winreg' skipped 2 tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature 'attrib Windows command-line tool'
    Bob> skipped 1  tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature 'bzrlib._Win32ReadDir' skipped 11 tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature 'case-insensitive case-preserving
    Bob> filesystem'  skipped 20 tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature 'case-insensitive filesystem' skipped 1 tests.
    Bob> [ascii] Missing feature 'win32com.shell' skipped 4 tests.

Windows related which tell us you're probably not running
windows.

    Bob> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/tmp_bzr_check_dist.LCZkl27608/
    Bob> bzr-1.13.1'

    Bob> $ echo $?  0

Relevant.

I call that success.