[ANNOUNCE] bzr 1.13 released

Christophe TROESTLER Christophe.Troestler+bzr at umons.ac.be
Tue Mar 17 18:18:15 GMT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:35:23 -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Christophe TROESTLER wrote:
>

> > Well, the original message has indeed the format=flowed but is
> > quoted-printable encoded.  In this case, it was not necessary and
> > actually is not advised: quoting http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3676.txt
>
> Thank you for the trip down RFC compliancy road :-)

I did that research in order to file a bug/feature request because my
mailer, which is supposed to handle format=flowed, did not present the
message correctly — so I though I'd share it. :)

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:08:24 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

>>> But read carefully, the standard suggests that when 8-bit characters are
>>> present, quoted-printable may be combined with format=flowed.  I believe
>>> that agents which display these messages incorrectly do not comply with
>>> the standard.

The standard indeed discourages but does not disallows it.

> It still doesn't answer my question of what I need to do next time or
> what I need to change.

As said by others, the simpler solution is probably to disable
format=flowed for this kind of messages (but this is not such a big
deal, at least for me — and I'll get my mailer fixed eventually!).

Cheers,
C.