[MERGE] Copy-edit docs

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 14 22:49:30 GMT 2009

Eric Siegerman wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 10:39 +1000, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
>
>> BTW, another simple way the developer docs could be improved is to
>> audit the index.txt file for missing documents.
>
> Well, clicking on all its links yields the expected pages (this
> is on doc.bazaar-vcs.org, not my local branch).  Were you asking
> for more extensive checking than that?

My concern was more about links that ought to be added to index.txt,
i.e. *.html files that get generated in that directory but aren't
visible in index.html.

> Two nits:
>   - The link to the "Plugin API" page is called "Plugin APIs".
>     Which is the preferred spelling?  (I suggest the former, to
>     avoid breaking other links to the page.)

Your suggestion sounds best to me.

>   - Is it correct that the "Developer Guide" link points to
>     ../en/developer-guide/HACKING.html, rather than the copy in
>     the current directory?

I think so. We ultimately want the Developer Guide translated
to multiple languages so storing the final html under the en
tree is desirable IMO.

Ian C.