how to get bazaar log rid of minor "sandbox" commits?

Bojan Nikolic bojan at bnikolic.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 10:53:41 GMT 2009

Rahul Nabar <rpnabar at gmail.com> writes:

> branching does not work so well for me (I think) since bazaar
> branches at the repo level. I am keeping 200 odd files in a single
> repo located at ~/ But I often wish I could branch at file level but
> the last I checked this was not a possibility. Or is there a way?

It sounds to me like you are reluctant to branch because your working
tree is rooted at ~/ and so if you had to use a separate working tree
that would be very complicated. You should be able to solve this
problem by having your branches live elsewhere (.e.g,
~/bzr-reps/configs) and have a *check-out* which is rooted at ~/. Then
you can use the ``bzr switch`` command to switch between branches with
ease and implemented the sandbox commits on separate branches which
get merged to mainline if they look good. Or am I missing something?

Best,
Bojan

--
Bojan Nikolic          ||          http://www.bnikolic.co.uk