[rfc] news layout tweak

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Mar 11 22:04:06 GMT 2009

Brian de Alwis wrote:
> On 11-Mar-2009, at 12:26 PM, Eric Siegerman wrote:
>> So even though it's not of practical importance to me which
>> change happened in which RC, I find it most helpful for NEWS to
>> somehow indicate that, simply as an aid to comprehension -- so
>> that, when reading the NEWS for a final release, I don't have to
>> mentally diff it with that for the preceding RC, or go to the
>> effort of physically diffing them.
>
> FWIW, I prefer Karl's approach.  I rarely run RCs, and would prefer
> seeing the changes between the previous release.

I'm not sure if you realize that for final releases, we always include
the complete release notes since the previous final release. It just
divides things up to separate out what happened in an RC.

So all the information is there, and that isn't going to change. It is
just a question about what kind of formatting we want.

For my part, I'm okay with

bzr 1.13 ...

  BUG FIXES:
    * (fixed since 1.13rc1) ...