[rfc] news layout tweak (was Re: bzr 1.13 release manager wanted)

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Mar 6 07:55:43 GMT 2009

2009/3/6 Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net>:
>> Do I just pester developers for this information or do I get the privledge
>> of scanning the logs for this info myself. :-)
>
> It should all be in NEWS in the tree ready to go.  You just need to
> add the date and header, and write a one-or-two paragraph summary of
> them.

Oh, I'd like to pass on one suggestion from Karl Fogel for a change in
the NEWS file.  (I meant to write up a releasing.txt patch but haven't
got to it yet.)  And that is: many people just upgrade between the
final releases and the current layout with major headings for each rc
arguably obscures what changed from 1.12final to 1.13final.  So, Karl
suggests, we should have just one heading and mark the few things that
changed after rc1 with "changed after rc1" or "changed in 1.13final"
or similar.  Any comments?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>