[MERGE][RFC] Point out bzr+ssh:// to the user when they use ssh://.

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Mar 3 22:06:20 GMT 2009

2009/2/18 Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org>:
>> What if we just go ahead and register "ssh://" for bzr+ssh?
>>
>> I know it has been at least briefly mentioned in the past, but I haven't
>> seen any real discussion on it.

This was <https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/121195>.  I think
Steve has a fair point there that we're asking people to type "bzr+"
when the URL clearly can't mean anything else.

It seems a bit pedantic to me that we would require them to specify
bzr+ssh://.  Clearly we are not asking bzr to run an interactive
shell, and if you wanted bzr to talk to a git+ssh server you can
specify that.

I know this already landed and I do think it's an improvement that we
at least give people a clue.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>