[MERGE] Changed diff filename from *.diff to *_diff.txt to make it easier to open on Windows.

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 03:59:20 GMT 2009

On 25/02/2009 2:24 PM, Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Mark, I've implemented simple file viewer.
> Check qview command in QBzr trunk.
> We have syntax highlighting from Pygments lib for diff/patch files for free :-)

Awesome :)  I'll look at registering the shell extension.  One thing to
consider is that we add the registration itself to qbzr itself, or
another plugin.  eg, on Windows, we may implement something like:

% bzr qwinregister --ext=*.patch default=view Merge=merge

or even more explicitly:

% bzr qwinregister --ext=.patch "--command={bzr} qview %1"
% bzr qwinregister --ext=.patch --verb=Merge "--command={bzr} merge %1"

or something like that, which would modify the .patch extension to
register a "default" verb to view the file and a 'Merge' verb to merge
the file.  That syntax sucks, but the idea is we can roll the logic into
our .py runtime code rather than into the Inno code; the Inno code could
obviously still display the checkboxes and call our executable to do the
real work...

Or am I making things unnecessarily complicated? :)

Cheers,

Mark