[MERGE] Changed diff filename from *.diff to *_diff.txt to make it easier to open on Windows.

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sun Feb 22 23:07:34 GMT 2009

Doug Lee <dgl at dlee.org> writes:

> Rationale for request:  Windows email clients don't by default know
> how to open .diff files, but .txt files work just fine.

But that's the wrong name for systems that *do* expect a distinction
to be made between arbitrary text files (‘.txt’ suffix) and diff
output (‘.diff’ suffix). -1 on this change.

The correct MIME Content-Type field should be set (‘text/x-diff’,
IIRC) for ‘diff’ output. A program that fails to interpret content as
text, when it has been specified as ‘text/foo’, is the program that
needs fixing, IMAO.

--
 \       “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think |
  `\   so, but *where* do you stick the feather and call it macaroni?” |