Round one of usertest results on brisbane-core formats

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Feb 17 01:13:40 GMT 2009

See attached. It's less interesting than hoped, sorry. The branch
was the mysql trunk shortly after it was first converted to Bazaar.

In summary:

* upgrading on the fly isn't going to work as a benchmarking strategy here
  (it took my benchmarking machine several days to spit these numbers out)

* --development4-hash16 takes less space than --development4-hash255

* branching a dev4h255 is faster than branching a dev4h16 branch but
  both are still very slow

* the other times look bogus (particularly the log figures) suggesting
  that the branch command has issues anyway. Digging needed.

Note that the upgrade process is probably leaving a copy of the old
branch around (in backup_bzr or whatever it's called) so the total
space figures listed actually mean a huge improvement, not an increase.
(I ought to tweak the UpgradeTask in usertest to delete the old stuff.)

Ian C.