[MERGE] log multiple files and directories

Kent Gibson warthog618 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:08:13 GMT 2009

Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> How did you apply the patch? I *think* "bzr merge bundle-name"
> ought to do it, while "bzr patch bundle-name" won't. IIUIC,
> merging a bundle should be smart enough to realise that the
> revisions from the dependent partial-delta branch are needed too.
>
> If "bzr merge bundle" doesn't work, you can grab the full branch
> from https://code.launchpad.net/~ian-clatworthy/bzr/log-dir.
>
> Ian C.

I also had problems applying the patch to bzr.dev (r3984) - I got the
same result as Colin.
Either something is broken in your patch, or in bzr itself (1.11).

So I pulled a copy of the partial-delta branch and merged your patch
into that so I could have a play with it.
That appeared to work.

e.g.
./bzr log tools

does not crash.  Can't comment on it's correctness (yet), but at least
it didn't crash.

Here is the first bug I've found - within a working tree subdirectory, I
can successfully log each of the files individually, but not together.
I can log both files from the working tree root.
e.g. when I try

./bzr log bzrlib/remote.py bzrlib/repository.py

I get the union of the logs for each file.  I haven't checked in detail
but superficially it looks ok.  So far so good.
However, if I move into the bzrlib directory and try it again I get this:

../bzr log remote.py repository.py
bzr: ERROR: Path unknown at end or start of revision range: repository.py

The two should be equivalent, right?

Cheers,
Kent.