[MERGE] log multiple files and directories

Colin D Bennett colin at gibibit.com
Fri Feb 6 06:16:30 GMT 2009

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:45:06 +1000
Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Colin D Bennett wrote:
> > I have a problem right away though:  I can log single files, but when I
> > try to log a directory, it crashes:
> >
> > cdb at gamma ~/bin/bzr.current $ bzr log tools
> > bzr: ERROR: exceptions.TypeError: get_deltas_for_revisions() takes
> > exactly 2 arguments (3 given)
>
> How did you apply the patch? I *think* "bzr merge bundle-name"
> ought to do it, while "bzr patch bundle-name" won't. IIUIC,
> merging a bundle should be smart enough to realise that the
> revisions from the dependent partial-delta branch are needed too.

Ian,

I did “bzr merge FILE.patch”.  I did this on bzr.dev, and it seemed
happy.  However, I noticed that the target branch in the bundle is the
partial-deltas branch, not bzr.dev, so that probably explains why it's
failing for me.  However, I would have expected it to fail to merge or
something, instead of only giving me a part of the changes that the
bundle should provide.  That is, I would expect it to essentially
require all the changes from the partial-deltas branch.  It did say
something about “cherry picking” revisions when I merged the patch:

  cdb at gamma ~/bin/bzr.current $ bzr merge ~/code/bzr/2009-02-05_log-multi-files-and-dirs.patch
  Performing cherrypick
   M  NEWS
   M  bzrlib/builtins.py
   M  bzrlib/log.py
   M  bzrlib/tests/blackbox/test_log.py
  All changes applied successfully.

However, I then made my own bundle of the log-dir branch with a submit
branch of bzr.dev, which apparently contained the partial-deltas
changes as well.  It merged without reporting that it was cherrypicking
revisions:

  cdb at gamma ~/bin/bzr.current $ bzr merge ~/code/bzr/my-log-dir.patch
   M  NEWS
   M  bzrlib/builtins.py
   M  bzrlib/inventory.py
   M  bzrlib/log.py
   M  bzrlib/remote.py
   M  bzrlib/repository.py
   M  bzrlib/tests/blackbox/test_log.py
   M  bzrlib/tests/inventory_implementations/basics.py
   M  bzrlib/tests/per_repository/test_repository.py
   M  bzrlib/tests/test_xml.py
   M  bzrlib/xml5.py
   M  bzrlib/xml8.py
   M  bzrlib/xml_serializer.py
  All changes applied successfully.

After applying these changes properly, it seems to work.  Good news.
Now I'll be testing the new log feature out.

Regards,
Colin