ppa 1.11 updates

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Feb 5 03:51:35 GMT 2009

2009/2/4 Wouter van Heyst <larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org>:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 07:14:38PM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
>> I've got 1.11 in the ppa, but not all the plugins:
>>
>>  * bzr-svn, I'm not sure yet which one jelmer thinks we should package
>>  * bzr-gtk there's no update
>>  * bzrtools, still needs uploads of 1.11.0; dapper only is updated so far
>>
>> I'm travelling tomorrow to meet with beuno; if nobody else updates
>> this first I'll do them when I arrive.
>
> As Russ Brown noted in another thread, bzrtools hasn't been uploaded
> yet (Jelmer just victoriously uploaded bzr-svn 0.5 :). I started reading
> doc/developers/ppa.txt and checked out the lp:~bzr/bzrtools/packaging-<distro>
> branches to have a go at uploading to the ppa.
>
> In doing so some questions arose. Are these branches supposed to be
> seperately maintained, or should they share changes (and what about the
> Debian packagin?).

For most of the packages, they do share changes and we merge from each
distribution release to the next one.

So bzrtools 1.11.0 -> dapper -> feisty -> gutsy -> ...

I think ideally they would also share history with the Debian version
though I'm not sure off hand if bzrtools actually does.

> All the branches have the original Debian Uploaders:
> header, the dapper package has Robert as maintainer and a
> XSBC-Original-Maintainer header, the rest still have
> pkg-bazaar-maint at lists.alioth.debian.org as Maintainer.

I don't know about that, sorry.  Presumably we should change it,
though I don't think the Uploaders actually matters (aside from as
documentation) for the ppa.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>