bzr-svn 0.5

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Feb 4 15:52:33 GMT 2009

Hi Russel,

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 15:48 +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 13:07 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 11:52:53AM +0000, Russel Winder wrote:
> > > It appears to get worse :-(
> >
> > > I have two Bazaar checkouts that are up to date with the Subversion
> > > repository according to bzr 1.10 and bzr-svn 0.4.16.  bzr 1.11 and
> > > bzr-svn 0.5.0, after 30mins churning on each, has decided the branches
> > > have diverged.  This is clearly meaning that 0.4.16 branches are not
> > > compatible with 0.5.0.
> > This is correct. See the UPGRADING file for details.
> OK, I am glad this is not an error per se.  The bzr-svn Intrepid package
> does not install a file of this name.
NEWS.Debian should have similar notes, though they may be a bit less
clear than the ones in UPGRADING. I'll see about integrating them,

> I am assuming that actually the best thing to do is to delete everything
> from the cache in .bazaar/svn-cache and .bazaar/subversion.conf and to
> restart from scratch?
There shouldn't be a need to start over, though it may save you some
 disk space (bzr-svn 0.5 will create new caches).

> Will I need to do anything to clean up Subversion repositories where I
> have pushed a branch rather than dpushed?
No, bzr-svn 0.5 will use the old metadata.

> > Can you reproduce this issue when updating "fresh" branches after the
> > first initial update after installing 0.5.0?
>
> I am not sure I can reproduce anything now -- the branches are all in a
> mess and I cannot rollback to 0.4.17 :-(  ;-)
I have since reproduced this and am looking at releasing a 0.5.1 that fixes this issue.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org