[RFC] UI for logging directories and multiple files

Colin D Bennett colin at gibibit.com
Wed Feb 4 15:01:12 GMT 2009

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 12:54:24 +1000
Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:

> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>
> > Here I agree a bit more, and perhaps it makes sense to be more
> > consistent between the single FILE case and the multiple FILE cases.
> > Though we still need a "and show me the rest" flag.
>
> Yes, I think that consistency is important. Aaron suggested
> --all-files as the "show me the rest" flag. I think that would
> work nicely, though I prefer --all-changes as the name.

It seems to me that --all-files makes it more clear that all files,
even ones not listed on the command line, will be included in the
output.

The --all-changes option sounds less specific and could easily refer
to "all changes to these files", so I think that --all-files declares
the intent more directly.

I'm very much looking forward to recursive log!  This has always seemed
like a basic feature that log should support.

Regards,
Colin