svn+https deprecated, but https alone doesn't work

Colin D Bennett colin at
Mon Jan 26 14:52:57 GMT 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:37:31 +0100
Daniel Lidström <daniel.lidstrom at> wrote:

> Hello,
> when I try to check out a subversion repository, it seems svn+https is the
> only way. But bzr tells me the syntax
> is deprecated.

Does the server use a self-signed certificate?  That is, one which is
not certified by a CA in the default CA list which comes with libcurl?

The problem is that libcurl does not support self-signed certificates,
so you have to add the 'svn+' prefix to make bzr use a different access

I think if you had Python 2.6, there is a new Python-native network
layer bzr will take advantage of instead of 'pycurl' that would
support things the Right Way (i.e., without requiring you to specify
'svn+'), but I may be wrong... bzr devs, is this right?

Regards, Colin