svn+https deprecated, but https alone doesn't work

Daniel Lidström daniel.lidstrom at sbg.se
Mon Jan 26 10:37:31 GMT 2009

Hello,

when I try to check out a subversion repository, it seems svn+https is the
only way. But bzr tells me the syntax
is deprecated. Here's what I do:

nautilus_2009_01-repo>bzr checkout
https://svn.sbg.se/svn/projects/Products/Development/branches/nautilus_2009_
01 nautilus_2009_01-trunk
bzr: ERROR: Invalid http response for
https://svn.sbg.se/svn/projects/Products/Development/branches/nautilus_2009_
01/.bzr/branch-format: Unable to handle http code 401: Authorization
Required

nautilus_2009_01-repo>bzr checkout
svn+https://svn.sbg.se/svn/projects/Products/Development/branches/nautilus_2
009_01 nautilus_2009_01-trunk
The svn+ syntax is deprecated, use
https://svn.sbg.se/svn/projects/Products/Development/branches/nautilus_2009_
01 instead.
(checkout works here).

Every operation from now on tells me the svn+ syntax is deprecated...

We are using apache to access subversion (https). Am I doing things
correctly?

>bzr --version
Bazaar (bzr) 1.11
  Python interpreter: C:\Program Files\Bazaar\python25.dll 2.5.2
  Python standard library: C:\Program Files\Bazaar\lib\library.zip
  bzrlib: C:\Program Files\Bazaar\lib\library.zip\bzrlib
  Bazaar configuration: C:\Users\Daniel.SBG\AppData\Roaming\bazaar\2.0
  Bazaar log file: C:\Users\Daniel.SBG\Documents\.bzr.log

Regards,

Daniel Lidström
Stockholm, Sweden