bzr-hookless-email

Wouter van Heyst larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 13 13:57:24 GMT 2009

Hi all,

at work we run bzr-hookless-email on the central server, when changes
are available centrally the daemon notices this using inotify and sends
out new mail.

A drawback of running in daemon mode used to be that it didn't notice
newly created branches, but yesterday I added some code to pick up on
those and start watching them. (available from lp:bzr-hookless-email)

One issue I haven't decided on yet is what to mail for new branches,
just a mail "new branch available" with the log for -r -1, or the entire
log of the branch, or maybe look around in the repository for siblings
and mail about the "truely" new revisions?

Thoughts on this are welcome, as are suggestions for how to differently
solve the "mail-on-centrally-available" problem.

Wouter van Heyst