scmproj: testing project: bzr.exe.project as bzr.exe building workspace

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Sat Jan 3 04:28:39 GMT 2009

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Mark Hammond пишет:

>> * The description of "views" sounds very interesting, but I fear
>> confusion with the "filtered views" work being done by Ian.
>
> Yep. :-(
> I should admit that I was not aware of Ian work when I've chosen "view"
> word as term for scmproj. I think it will be better to avoid using it
> in scmproj. After chat with Marius Kruger I'm planning to change it
> to "subset".

Alex,

Thanks for changing this. I think your new term is a better one in
that the feature lets you mix and match components. "Filtered views"
as I've proposed them let you pick whatever you like from a branch
as a view, not just one or more components.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on my filtered views proposal.
(I want to ensure the two features work together as best they can.)

Ian C.