[RFC] new format 1.12 (1.11?) enabling EOL & filtered views

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:55:53 GMT 2008

On 16/12/2008 2:05 AM, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> I suppose EOL support might be something that people would accept
> incompatibility with their other branches.

I think that is true, but for a different reason.  Anecdotally and
personally, the lack of EOL support is actually *preventing* some
projects (ie, most projects that already have windows developers) from
using bzr in the first place, so incompatibility with older formats
probably isn't going to matter much to them.  What *will* matter IMO is
that the default format for new branches these users create are EOL-capable.

IMO, lack of EOL support is the biggest roadblock to serious adoption by
Windows users - far more important than the filename-normalization issue
I made the (apparently invisible ;) patch for - so I'm personally very
excited to see this on the front-burner again.  And obviously very happy
to see Ian back at the keyboard :)

Cheers,

Mark