So many repo formats

Viktor Nagy viktor.nagy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 09:27:38 GMT 2008

so, now I moved back in time when 1.9 was not yet available, and try to
generalise Robert's answer for the future.

""
Here's a decision tree:
Are you working with an existing project?
Yes: Use whatever they are using. bzr will do this for you by default.

Are you using bzr-svn?
Yes: use **the most recent** rich-root format

Are working with big trees(5K+paths) or deep history (5K+revisions)?
Yes: use **the most recent format**, if your team is able to (e.g. not
version-locked to an
    old bzr due to corporate policy)
""
but then why?
"Otherwise: do not specify formats to any commands, bzr will Just Work." As
it defaults to pack-0.92. The two responses are clearly contradictory. I
know that a similar question was raised today with moving bzr.dev to 1.6.
This was proposed by Robert, and his reason against 1.9 was that it is the
most recent format.

Strange enough, if this is an acceptable reason then in the above answer you
would like to change **the most recent** to **the most recent - 1**. :)

Anyway, thanks for the decision tree! I'll stick with in for future use!

--
Viktor Nagy - http://viktornagy.com
PhD student