[merge] convert_to_1.9.py

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Nov 7 02:01:43 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 12:23 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> I wrote this script to make it easier to upgrade to 1.9. I didn't really
> know what it would take to write it *correctly* to integrate into the
> actual 'bzr upgrade' code. But I have it, and I thought people might
> like it. So I added it to 'contrib'.
>
> At this point, I don't really care if it is merged, as I have a copy for
> when *I* need it. But I figured I could put it up for review if someone
> else is interested in it.
>
> (I would guess it wouldn't be a huge issue to integrate this, but I
> don't fully understand that code, so it was easier for me to just do this.)

There is a fully integrated copy in the index2 branch; with rollback etc
tested. It just needs the changes to the upgrade infrastructure done in
bzr rather than via monkey patching :).

I didn't do that because its not such a big deal to do a full clone
during upgrade locally; and remotely people should be sshing in to
upgrade where possible, and finally I expect better repos along soon :)

-Rob