Bzr and Meld on Linux

Enrique Ramirez enriquein at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:43:38 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'm new to Bazaar and I _really really_ like it so far. The current
state of GUI tools (even though I realize it's not part of the main
development and usually comes from 3rd parties for most SCM systems)
has been a bit frustrating for me and some soon-to-be-convert
coworkers of mine. After trying olive in both windows and linux, we
we're contemplating having to use CLI for a while until this product
and tbzr matured a bit. This was mostly ok with us, except for the
lack of a visual diff tool and, well being SVN users we were hugely
spoiled by the filesystem icon overlays provided bt tsvn.

That being said, we ran into Meld (http://meld.sourceforge.net/) by
pure coincidence. Meld handled pretty ok most of our basic bzr needs
and were instantly relieved. I'm not sure how it will deal with
branching I was wondering if it would be considered a good thing to
mention it in the website as a GUI option for Linux users. Being a
complete (and clueless) newcomer to bzr has proven to be a bit uphill
for us, especially after being so incredibly spoiled by tsvn, I'm sure
people with the same GUI background that I have could benefit from
this.

And to avoid misinterpretation, I _really_ like bzr so far and am
aware of the hard work of the devs in all aspects of the project. Much
appreciated <3

Enrique Ramirez Irizarry
Lead Developer
Indie Code Labs