[RFC] selftest xml output

Guillermo Gonzalez guillo.gonzo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 20:28:53 BST 2008

Hi all!

As I have been playing with Hudsson (a CI utility) and I wanted to
start using it with some bzr plugins.
Hudson as many other CI software, by default is capable of using JUnit
xml format, but I wasn't able to generate it from 'bzr selftest'
So, I now pleased to introduce xmlselftest :-D

lp:~guillo.gonzo/+junk/xmlselftest

It's just a proof of concept (for not name it a hack). most of the xml
stuff is based on  xmlrunner.py written by Sebastian Rittau.

I want to ask if it's desirable to include this kind of funcitonality
in the core or if should stay as a plugin.
In the case to stick it with the plugin approach, some of the selftest
code need some changes to allow plug some kind of collector to get the
test result/s, I didn't find this kind feature in selftest, but I
might missed something :)

Is such feature inplace?
if not, I'll be pleased to work on it. what do you think about adding
this (allow plug a kind of collector) to selftest?

Cheers,

--Guillermo