Bazaar and Hudson

Guillermo Gonzalez guillo.gonzo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:48:42 BST 2008

Hi,

After ~1 1/2 days of playing with Hudson I have a working bazaar plugin.
It's not fully implemented (or tested), but it's working quite well.
Consider it a preview ;-)
Kohsuke, you 're absolutely right. The experience is smooth, and most things
are easy to figure out :-).

It still lacks browser (web viewer) support, but it can: checkout a branch
into a workspace, poll for changes and generate changelogs for the build.

I uploaded some screenshots:

 - poll log: http://verterok.com.ar/images/bzr-hudson/bzr-hudson-poll.png
 - changes view:
http://verterok.com.ar/images/bzr-hudson/bzr-hudson-changes.png
 - changes summary:
http://verterok.com.ar/images/bzr-hudson/bzr-hudson-changes_summary.png

I'ld *really* appreciate more experienced Hudson users (or developers) to
test it and possibly get some feedback.

It requires bzr-xmloutput >= 0.8 (trunk is recommended), because it make use
of bzr-java-lib (I'm working on bundling xmloutput with bzr-java-lib to ease
the deployment/use of the library).

I uploaded a bazaar.hpi (builded against the latest Hudson build (1.255))
to http://verterok.com.ar/bzr-hudson/bazaar.hpi

I didn't created a launchpad project & branch or wiki page, etc yet. (it's
too late and must sleep a few hours :). But if anyone is interested there is
temporary bazaar branch at: http://verterok.com.ar/code/bzr-hudson

Enjoy!

Cheers,

P.S: I still need to learn a bit more of how Hudson is used to improve the
integration (I have a few ideas to make it more flexible, i.e: multiple
branch per workspace).

---Guillermo