bzr 1.8 release plans

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Oct 13 14:54:24 BST 2008

A quick update on bzr 1.8 releases:

bzr 1.8rc1 came out last Tuesday.  I'm trying to get the Windows
packages built on a Windows virtual server, and am having some trouble
getting distutils to properly work with the x64 compiler.

(I have a copy of Visual Studio Express, and the Windows SDK, which
together should provide an x64 compiler.  However, the vcvarsall.bat
script called by distutils just can't seem to find it.)

There is a copy of bzr in the PPA, but currently no bzrtools, even
though there is a 1.8.0 upstream release.  As far as I can see
bzrtools has not yet been updated to use the builddeb system used for
bzr.

I'm planning to do 1.8 final tomorrow, at least as a source release
and into the PPA, and then get Windows installers working.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>