Bazaar and Hudson

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Sun Oct 12 10:40:53 BST 2008

Is anyone out there doing a Bazaar plugin for Hudson
(https://hudson.dev.java.net/) ?  Hudson is a continuous integration
engine so an instance of the third most important tool after editor and
version control :-)

There are already Git and Mercurial plugins (as well as ClearCase,
Perforce, BitKeeper, Subversion, CVS, etc.) and Hudson is getting
increasingly good press as the up and coming replacement for
CruiseControl, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi (kk at kohsuke.org) would, I am sure, be delighted to
mentor.  He is the project lead and main developer of Hudson.  He did
the Gant plugin himself so as to allow Gant instead of Ant or Maven  as
the build framework.  He is now a Sun employee so I suspect he may have
no direct interest in anything other than Mercurial :-(  Having said
this, I am sure he will be genuinely interested in helping anyone create
a Hudson plugin.

I can't volunteer to do this just now as I have a load of JavaME stuff
to do.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077