importing parallel cvs repos

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Sep 24 07:53:25 BST 2008

so I have an interesting situation, I use cvsps-import to import
squid3's CVS repo.

Now, the squid2 devs would like to go to bzr too - but want to have a
cross-mergable tree. The squid3 repo was created by 'cp' from the squid3
CVS repo, and then (IIRC) 'mv' of ,v files to rename them from .c
to .cc, and so forth. We might have done the cvsadmin -j dead trick to
keep old-history accurate, I don't recall offhand.

So two questions for you John:
 - is there something precanned that could let me run cvsps-import and
have it get file ids from the squid-3 import, but with the correctly
altered file names?
 - likewise, to grab the common history intact? (assuming that the deep
history is accurate with filenames - I have yet to check on that).

-Rob