Bzr plugins *must* die!

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Sep 24 04:07:13 BST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:25:56PM +1000 I heard the voice of
Erik de Castro Lopo, and lo! it spake thus:
> Martin Pool wrote:
>
> > - add a configuration option to say "stop warning about old
> > formats"
>
> Do you mean in $(HOME).bazaar/bazaar.conf or in
> <working dir>/.bzr/branch/branch.conf? The second might be preferable.

<https://code.launchpad.net/~bzr/bzr/conditionalize-format-warning>
(plus a crapload of updating, and then a total rewrite, of course[1])

The "advantage" of this issue is that it comes up and gets agreed upon
every time a new format starts warning, but "luckily" the urgent need
on the part of people who can do it passes relatively quickly, so it
becomes a random detail floating in the ether until the next format
change warning.  Rinse, repeat.

[1] I s'pose that branch really should be deleted.  'course, the same
    could be said for most things on the branch list that haven't been
    touched in years.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net