RFC: startup time - again

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Sep 10 05:38:29 BST 2008

John Arbash Meinel пишет:
> Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 09:48:52AM +1000 I heard the voice of
>> Andrew Bennetts, and lo! it spake thus:
>>> That's a pretty slow
bzr rocks
 time.
>> Machine speeds do vary.  Mine takes ~.4-.5 seconds.
>

> Well, this was more about *platform*.
>
> On the exact same laptop, "time bzr --no-plugins rocks" on Linux is about
> 106ms, and under Windows it is about 500ms.

So it's time to say that apriori bzr on windows is slow and unusable?
Py2exed bzr.exe has faster startup time than pure python bzr on windows,
but if you throw away test suite for library.zip it's also a bit faster.

I found there is too much small things that could make bzr.exe a bit faster.
And each of them seems too small, but in sum they are noticeable win.
So what?