[MERGE] Improved review process docs and separate out architectural overview

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Fri Sep 5 15:00:55 BST 2008

>>>>> "martin" == Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

<snip/>
    martin> -TODO: Incorporate John Arbash Meinel's detailed email to Ian C on the
    martin> -numerous ways of setting up integration branches.

    >> Was this deletion intended ? If yes, do you still have a copy of
    >> this mail ? ;)

    martin> I probably do but this comment didn't give me enough
    martin> information to easily find it.  I don't think
    martin> anything is particularly missing here - as far as I
    martin> know you do the review either by reading the diff or
    martin> trying the merge.  If someone wants to add it they
    martin> can do that later.

Ok. I was hoping to find some tricks on how you guys set up a
branch for review.

I do it that way:

#!/bin/sh -x
BASE=~/src/bzr/reviews
NICK=$1
PATCH=$BASE/$NICK.patch
# Bundles contain a line like:
# base_revision_id: pqm at pqm.ubuntu.com-20080903083249-e76ygekseh1peidm
REV_ID=`grep '^# base_revision_id: ' poolie-review-doc.patch | sed -e 's/^# base_revision_id: //'`
cd $BASE
bzr branch lp:bzr -r revid:$REV_ID $1
cd $BASE/$1
bzr pull $PATCH

with PATH being the file I saved either from the mail or from BB.

By the way, why isn't the above integrated to bzr branch (in a
more robust way, this quick-and-dirty script works only for
patches against bzr.dev and because ~/src/bzr/.bzr is a shared
repo) ?

   Vincent